Sunday, November 30, 2008

Getting Lucky

Group assignments are often a crap shoot and sometimes you get lucky and other times you do not. I got lucky this time. Michelle and Janee have been great partners in this project. Each person has unique talents and we all are interested in presenting a superior project.
Here is an example. Janee took the initiative and clearly the responsibility of taking our pieces and parts to write a cohesive paper. She sent a draft then I made some comments. Not knowing each other well, I apologized in advance if I had taken too much liberty. In her response she said it best; “there is no pride in ownership, we are a team.” I knew well before that comment that we had a good group and this simply validated my thoughts.
Another example was when Michelle offered to do a video tape as part of the presentation. Michelle is creative, enthusiastic and not afraid of anything. I’m sure the unedited version is posted on her blog or will be soon. I appreciated her confidence on how this would work.
As for me, I got things started. Each of us took responsibility for a part of the project and took pride in what we did.
Did we get lucky? Maybe. Whether is was luck or another force at work, we make a good team.

No comments: